4. Engagement With Our Church
While points 1, 2 & 3 cover specific things that we want to see happen, we want to see our church and the community of Somers Town really engage with our church and ultimately with Jesus in a much deeper way. We want to see our church grow in number, we want the members of our church grow in maturity in Christ and we want to see our church excited about the possibility of God moving in a way that really starts to bring about transformation and renewal of us as individuals, Somers Town and our work, schools and families. Many people in Somers Town, have no idea who or what The King’s Church is and over the next 12 months we want to change that.
We want to see:
- Our logo updated and made public to the community in / on the building with something immediately visible at the entrance to the halls on Fraser Rd and the same on the large board on Somers Rd.. (Key value: Building bridges)
- We want a flyer through the door of every single house / flat in Somers Town that tells them what the King’s Church is, where it is and that we are here for them.
- Regular testimony to hear what God is doing. (Key value: Echoing the Father)
- Our building being a useful and key resource for our community using and developing the building to serve the vision, not the other way around. (Key value: Building bridges)
We expect to see a large number of people turn to Jesus through visitation, King’s Kids and the strengthening of the other key ministries. (Key values: Developing leaders & releasing Heaven on Earth)
To help and look after these we want to see:
- A yearly rhythm of courses operating without fail, come what may
- An increase in the number of small groups to 20 in total.
- An increase in our capacity for emergency pastoral care situations
- 50 new people regularly attending church on Sundays, involved in a small group / other ministry. (Key values: Developing leaders, investing in the next generation & releasing Heaven on Earth)
- A restructure in the method of managing and caring for key leaders. (Key value: Developing leaders)